10   112
9   99
9   102
10   107
42   154

The Best Food I’ve Ever Eaten On Holiday*

best food

Trying out new cuisines when I’m visiting a new place is one of my absolute favourite things to do.

I’ve been lucky enough to experience a plethora of different dishes during my travels and I wanted to share some of my favourites with you in today’s post.

Here’s all the best food I’ve ever eaten on holiday, plus a number of different dishes that I’d like to try.

paris

Paris

This steak that we ate in Paris was one of the most incredible steaks I’ve ever eaten in my life. It was juicy and tender and so unbelievably flavoursome, while the accompanying salad actually tasted really good. The garlic fries that we ordered with it were out of this world and I honestly think about them at least once a day.

best food

Venice

This lasagne that I had in Venice last year was absolutely bloody delicious and I wish I could eat it all over again. The lasagne had little meatballs inside which were heavenly, the pasta was cooked to perfection and the flavours were just extraordinary. God, I wish I could eat this right now!

best food

New York

The food in America is naturally some of the biggest and greasiest portions in the world but one of my favourite meals that I’ve eaten in America was actually at The Plaza Hotel in New York.

My mum and I had afternoon tea there both times we’ve been and it was incredible. The mini sandwiches were beyond delicious, the cakes were out of this world and the tea was heavenly. It was easily the best afternoon tea I’ve ever had.

I also had one of the nicest steaks of my entire life when Matt and I went to New York two years ago but I enjoyed it so much, I didn’t manage to take a picture of it as I practically inhaled it.

best food

Budapest

We ate so incredibly well during our holiday to Budapest last year. One of the restaurants that we visited, Comme Chez Soi, provided us with one of the best meals of my entire life and I’m absolutely desperate to go back there one day.

I opted for the most heavenly garlic pork medallion and then we indulged in this v sexy chocolate cake pudding which was literally melt-in-your-mouth good. If you’re ever in Budapest I really couldn’t recommend this restaurant enough; the food was beyond delicious, the service was impeccable and everything was so reasonably priced.

best food

London

For my birthday last year, Matt surprised me with a trip to London and during our time there we visited Flat Iron where we ate the most delicious flat iron steak and fries. It was cooked to absolute perfection and I loved the little knife that was used to cut it up. I’d totally recommend paying a visit to Flat Iron if you’re ever in London.

best food

Amsterdam

This photo is definitely not the most appetising but OMFG it’s without a doubt the best kebab I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. In fact, I’d honestly be willing to fly all the way back to Amsterdam just to eat this again because I can’t even begin to explain how good it was.

Delicious, thick cuts of kebab meat, perfectly crisp chips all drizzled in a sexy garlic mayo sauce. HEAVEN.

Cuisines I would love to try

I’m sure you all know by now that Matt and I are planning an around the world trip next year and on our travels I’m sure there’ll be plenty of different foods that we’ll try out. I’ve compiled a little list of the foods that I’m most looking forward to trying out.

Dubai

I have actually been to Dubai before but I wasn’t nearly as adventurous with my food choices then as I am now so if we go back there, there’s a number of dishes that I’d like to try including maqluba and lamb kebabs. You can find a fantastic selection of Dubai holidays with Destination2.co.uk, all at incredible prices and I’m so tempted to book mine and Matt’s summer holiday to Dubai as he’s never been and I just know that he’d love it!

Germany

Matt’s actually been to Germany a number of times but I haven’t so it’s definitely a place I’d love to visit and sample some of their cuisine. I’d love to try out an authetic schnitzel, bratwurst and sauerbraten.

Mexico

Naturally, you can purchase plenty of Mexican dishes over here in the UK but I would particularly love to head to Mexico and sample some of their traditional dishes for myself. I’m thinking delicious enchiladas, quesadillas and fajitas.

China

Chinese takeaway is one of my favourite takeaways to get but I would definitely love to try out some true Chinese dishes that haven’t come from the local takeaway down the road. Things like fried rice, peking duck and char siu are all high up on my wishlist of foods to try.

best food

What’s the best food you’ve ever eaten on holiday? What cuisines would you like to try out? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

This post has been sponsored by all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

1. 18th April 2018 / 9:20 pm

I can imagine the food in NYC is amazing, it’s one of the reasons I want to go so bad!!

22nd April 2018 / 7:04 pm

It’s immense!

2. Elizabeth Seal
    18th April 2018 / 11:44 pm

Mmm these all look absolutely incredible! Reading this has given me so much wanderlust and made me so hungry haha! I’m craving chips in the park at the same time mmm! 😀 xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’m hoping I might be able to entice you to follow each other on bloglovin haha xD)

3. 19th April 2018 / 9:20 am

Everything looks and sounds amazing! I’m such a foodie and one of my fave things to do is eat out, so I’m always scoping out new places to eat. I go to Bali next month and you better believe that my restaurant ‘to visit’ list is way bigger than my sight seeing and places to see lists haha!xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

22nd April 2018 / 7:04 pm

Ooh how exciting! I can’t wait to see everything you eat! Xx

4. 19th April 2018 / 11:35 am

I can imagine being spoilt for choice in New York! There’s so many yummy places it’s hard to know where to start haha xx

22nd April 2018 / 7:03 pm

It was the best! X

5. 21st April 2018 / 10:05 am

That chocolate cake looks absolutely incredible, but I’m a sucker for absolutely anything that has chocolate in it.. 😍 I think that China would definitely be on my food-bucket-list as well, but my favourite cuisine of all is Greek which you should definitely try if you haven’t already! 🙊

22nd April 2018 / 7:03 pm

It was so good! Ooh I’ll have to add that to my list! Xx

6. Robyn
    21st April 2018 / 12:27 pm

I adored the food I ate in Bali !

7. 23rd April 2018 / 10:46 am

The garlic fries, look bloody amazing!!! As does the pasta in Venice, when I visit last year the pasta was sooo delicious I could eat it forever! The food in Mexico is delicious, I love spices so I loved it! I’d love to try Local chinese cuisine too, I bet it’s yummy!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

24th April 2018 / 7:10 pm

Omg I can’t even tell you how they were! Xx

8. 23rd April 2018 / 10:54 am

Ahhhh I want to go on holiday!! I definitely shouldn’t have read this after not having eaten this morning either because my tummy is now rumbling so loud! Funnily enough, one of the best schnitzel is that I ever had when I used to eat meat wasn’t on a trip to Germany but a trip to Greece! We had schnitzel at a little seafront cafe and the portions were enormous and absolutely delicious! It definitely wasn’t what I was expecting for a Greek cafe but it was great nonetheless! The chocolate cake pudding that you sampled in Budapest sounds absolutely mouthwatering!

Abbey xx

9. Giana Spiteri
    23rd April 2018 / 3:20 pm

omg I’ve been so hungry reading this! I’d love to go back to Italy to have some authentic pizza as last time I went I didn’t have the best experience aha! I’d also like to try Gumbo in New Orleans!

G

24th April 2018 / 7:09 pm

Haha I’m sorry! Ooh that sounds fab! I’d love to go there! X

10. 24th April 2018 / 12:40 pm

Oh gosh, this all sounds amazing – my mouth is watering!

11. WhatLydDid
    24th April 2018 / 2:25 pm

This is a really, really good way to do a sponsored post, well done! All the food looks absolutely delicious but I think the one i’d like to try most is the Plaza afternoon tea. It sounds like a really memorable part of your trips to NYC xx

Lyd- whatlyddid.com