5   62
15   123
9   107
13   115
19   87

Lunch At Betty’s: Places To Eat In York

Betty's

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that on my 20th birthday, I went to Betty’s for lunch with my parents.

I had such an amazing time with them and it was so lovely to spend some quality time with them, all the while indulging in some delicious food.

Today’s post is all about the things we ate at Betty’s and why I totally recommend paying a visit to the tearooms if you’re ever in York.

Betty's

There are a number of Betty’s tearooms located in and around Yorkshire, with the two most famous ones located in York and Harrogate. While I’ve never actually been to the Harrogate store, I have been to the York one a couple of times now and everytime I visit, it just seems to get better and better.

Last week was my 20th birthday and my mum and dad treated me to lunch at Betty’s. It was so nice to spend some quality time with my parents as we very rarely get to spend time together just us three.

The tearooms at Betty’s York are absolutely huge and so elegant and ornate. The interior is just as beautiful as the exterior, with large windows, gorgeous marble tables and an abundance of cakes decorating the place. The queues are usually enormous at Betty’s but luckily we didn’t have to wait too long for a table during our visit.

Betty's

We were seated downstairs in the tearooms which was actually much quieter than upstairs. Despite every table being full, the atmosphere wasn’t too noisy at all and every single staff member were incredibly friendly and attentive. We ordered a pot of tea to share between us to start which arrived before our lunch. The tea itself was nothing too out of the ordinary; just your typical English Breakfast tea but I always think it tastes nicer out of a teapot.

Betty's

We then ordered lunch and I opted for the chicken caesar salad which is something that I never do, because hello, it has salad in it. However, this was absolutely delicious and definitely one of the best meals I’ve eaten in a very long time. The chicken was juicy and tender, the lettuce was fresh and crisp, the croutons were perfectly crunchy and the caesar dressing was so yummy. I would absolutely eat this again and I can’t believe that actually enjoyed a bloody salad!

Betty's

My mum went for the roasted red pepper frittata with potato and sun-blushed tomato which tasted as good as it looked! Despite it looking pretty small, it was actually a remarkably decent size and my mum couldn’t quite finish it off! She did say however that it was so yummy; the potatoes were divine, the vegetables were fresh and delicious and the frittata itself was incredible.

Betty's

Despite our bellies being incredibly full from our mains, we still managed to squeeze a dessert (or two) in. We decided to share the strawberry cheesecake and lemon curd tart; both of which were bloody lovely.

The strawberry cheesecake was light and fluffy, with a gorgeous biscuit base and a fresh strawberry on top. The lemon curd tart was tangy and fresh without being too sweet or sickly and it was just the right size without being too much. I would highly recommend both of these desserts if you ever visit Betty’s.

Betty's

My dad didn’t actually eat anything as he’s on this special diet where he only eats once a day (insane, I know!) but my mum and I thoroughly enjoyed tucking in to our delicious dishes. I absolutely love Betty’s for lunch or even just for a cup of tea and a cake and if you ever get the chance then you should definitely tick it off your list as it’s such an iconic place to eat in York!

Betty's

I had such a wonderful 20th birthday with my parents and they made it so special. I also went to a steak house with Matt in the evening and I truly felt so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people on my birthday. As you can see from the picture above, I really was a very happy girl to be eating lunch at Betty’s!

betty's

Have you ever been to Betty’s? Would you like to go one day? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. 22nd April 2018 / 7:32 pm

I’ve never heard of Betty’s before, but it sounds great! Also isn’t Caesar Salad amazing?! Normally hate salad, but that one is so good haha! I hope you had a good birthday too xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

24th April 2018 / 7:13 pm

Omg really?! You deffo need to visit one day! I’d never normally go for a salad but it was delicious! Xx

2. Laura
    23rd April 2018 / 9:41 am

I love Betty’s, it’s so cute! The salad looks so good too x

24th April 2018 / 7:11 pm

It was immense! Xx

3. 23rd April 2018 / 10:50 am

How cutesey is this place?! The perfect birthday venue, I’m not surprised that you had such a lovely time here with your parents! The perfect birthday treat! The desserts look like such a highlight to me, I love anything with lemon, lemon meringue pie is my all-time favourite pudding, so the tart that you shared with your mum looks right up my street! it’s great to hear that the staff were so friendly and attentive as well, it always makes such a difference to your experience!

Abbey xx

4. 23rd April 2018 / 11:05 am

Oh Chloe it looks like you had a wonderful time at bettys for your birthday! I never usually go for salad either haha but this does look delicious, sometimes a chicken caesar salad is SO yummy if it’s put together nicely! The deserts sound yummy too, the strawberry cheesecake looks so delicious I could so eat one of those right now!!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

24th April 2018 / 7:09 pm

I really did! I couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed the salad haha! Xx

5. 23rd April 2018 / 5:20 pm

love a bit of quality time with the rents…especially when it involves food as tasty as this! looks delicious, i’ve not been to york but planning to visit this year and will definitely be adding bettys to my list!

hope you had a good birthday!

katie. xx lacoconoire.com

24th April 2018 / 7:09 pm

It was so so lovely! Xx

6. 23rd April 2018 / 5:37 pm

that strawberry cheesecake looks absolutely delicious! I do love a good tea room, sadly my diet started again today so no more cakes for me for a while aha! xx

G

24th April 2018 / 7:08 pm

Omg it was amazing! Ah no what a shame haha! Xx

7. Robyn
    23rd April 2018 / 6:58 pm

That salad looks devine !

24th April 2018 / 7:08 pm

It was incredible!

8. 25th April 2018 / 10:09 pm

I’ve wanted to go to Betty’s for ages and I think you’ve convinced me! I remember seeing their shop window last Christmas and it looked insane ????????

9. 28th April 2018 / 3:52 pm

im glad you had a great time! I went for afternoon tea a couple of years ago and was disappointed so it’s good to know the rest of the menu is nice. The tea rooms are absolutely stunning, it was only the food that let me down. The food you all chose looks yummy! Nikki xx

28th April 2018 / 4:48 pm

Ah that’s so annoying! You should definitely go back and try something else from the menu! Xx

10. SophiesChoice
    13th August 2018 / 12:32 pm

Oh my days I absolutely love Betty’s in York! By far my fave one 🙂 fab photos lovely! X Sophie

13th August 2018 / 7:34 pm