The Ultimate USA Travel Wishlist

ultimate usa travel wishlist

I’ve been lucky enough to travel to the USA on a number of occasions now, from New York to Washington D.C. to Virginia, I really have seen some amazing places.

However, there are still plenty of places in the USA that I’m desperate to see.

I’m sure you’ll all know by now that Matt and I are planning an around the world trip next year and while I’m still not quite sure whether various states in America will make it on our around-the-world itinerary, there are plenty of places that we’d still love to see one day. So here’s my ultimate USA travel wishlist.

ultimate usa travel wishlist

California

California has been on my travel wishlist ever since I first watched The Hills all those years ago. The likes of San Francisco, San Diego and Los Angeles have always appealed to me and I’d love to spend a good few days exploring the beaches and eating yummy food. I’ve also always wanted to see the Hollywood sign, walk across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran and then maybe even pay a visit to Alcatraz!

Florida

I think the main reason that I’d love to visit Florida is simply to go to Disneyland. I’ve been to Disneyland Paris before but it was years ago and I don’t really remember it. And anyway, Walt Disney World in Florida is on an entirely different scale, right?

Nevada

Home to the iconic Las Vegas, Nevada is definitely a state that I’d love to visit one day. It’d be amazing to spend some time in the casinos, visit all the incredible hotels and eat my way along the strip. I’d also like to take a day trip out to Hoover Dam to admire the remarkably impressive feat.

Arizona

The Grand Canyon spans across an immense amount of land, with most of it belonging in Arizona. I would love to visit the iconic canyon and maybe even take a helicopter ride to truly soak up every bit of the experience.

Hawaii

Some of my favourite films are set in Hawaii, so since watching the likes of Just Go With It and 50 First Dates, I’ve been particularly obsessed with visiting the stunning islands. It looks so unbelievably picturesque and I can think of nothing better than sitting on the many beaches sipping refreshing cocktails and indulging in delicious fruit salads.

Colorado

Colorado has always seemed like such a beautiful place to me and I’d absolutely love to visit the Rocky Mountain National Park and I’d even love to go skiing and snowboarding too!

Illinois

Home to the windy city of Chicago, Illinois is another state in America that I’d love to visit. I’d want to eat all the deep-dish pizza, take a look around Lake Michigan and admire all the towering skyscrapers.

Texas

In my opinion, Texas is known as one of the coolest states in America and there’s so much to see and do there. I really want to visit Austin, Houston and Dallas and I think it would make for the most amazing Instagram pictures.

South Dakota

South Dakota is home to the famous Mount Rushmore and it looks bloody incredible so I would absolutely love to visit the immense memorial. My adoration for this world-famous landmark stems from seeing it on various episodes of The Simpsons, which is of course a totally viable reason for wanting to visit somewhere…

Alaska

While Alaska may be joined onto Canada, and not actually the United States, it still is a state nonetheless; and a bloody impressive one at that. As I much prefer the winter months and wrapping up warm to admire the snow, I’m sure that Alaska would hold a special place in my heart if I ever visit there.

Ultimate USA Travel Wishlist

Which states in America would you like to visit? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. 4th April 2018 / 10:42 pm

Everytime I go on holiday I go to Asia. Really need to go to the us and see all these amazing places x

24th April 2018 / 7:21 pm

Ooh how lovely! It’s somewhere I really want to go to! X

2. 5th April 2018 / 5:48 am

Florida is one of my fav spots to really go!! I really want to go to Arizona, ” I have a couple close friends there, however Cali is on top on my list to go!!! Wonderful record!! xox http://www.healthrelex.com/

24th April 2018 / 7:20 pm

Ooh I would love to go! X

3. 5th April 2018 / 1:17 pm

I’d love to tour the US, there’s so many different places I want to go to!

24th April 2018 / 7:20 pm

There really is some fab places! X

4. 5th April 2018 / 1:55 pm

I’d absolutely love to go to all of these, travelling across America is something I’ve wanted to do for years now so a trip covering these places and a few more would be a dream xx

24th April 2018 / 7:20 pm

I know right?! I can’t wait to go one day soon! Xx

5. 5th April 2018 / 2:53 pm

I’m planning on ticking Florida off next year! California is also top of my list, seems like such a fab place to visit!

Terri // TerriTalks

24th April 2018 / 7:19 pm

Ooh how exciting!! Xx

6. 5th April 2018 / 5:48 pm

Wow, planning and around the world trip with your boyfriend sounds absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to hear about your plans as they progress! Hawaii would definitely be at the top of my America bucket list, I’ve wanted to visit ever since watching Lilo and Stitch as a little girl haha! I would certainly like to join you for a few cocktails on the beach! One of my friends has been on holiday to Colorado couple of times and has shown me all of his pictures of skiing in the mountains and it looks just incredible, I’d love to pay them a visit myself!

Abbey xx

7. 6th April 2018 / 10:46 am

Yes girl, Hawaii is AMAZING!! I was fairly young when I visited but I remember it so well, walking across the beach and there are so many amazing sand sculptures it’s incredible to see. The beaches are pure white and the sea is so clear. We went to Honolulu and I would definitely recommend going! We toured USA around 3 years ago and visited Los Angeles and San Francisco as part of it. San Fran is SO cool and everyone is really friendly. I thought Hollywood and the ‘walk of fame’ was actually a bit tacky but good to see all the less. You can’t really see the stars because there’s so many people just walking all over them! Aaaah the Grand Canyon as well – the helicopter ride over it really is worth every penny, the views are just incredible and something you will never forget. I’m reminiscing so much I think I’m about to talk myself into going back haha!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

24th April 2018 / 7:19 pm

Omg I loved reading this! It sounds like the most amazing trip and I can’t wait to do something similar one day soon! Xx

8. 8th April 2018 / 12:05 am

This time last year, I was in Florida at WDW for the first time. It was my 1st time in the US at all, and I loved it. We are actually planning a road trip later this year from San Fran down to San diego. So excited! Id love to see as much of the US as I can!

Sincerely Sarah xx

24th April 2018 / 7:18 pm

Oh my goodness I’m so jealous! I hope you have the best time! Xx

9. Robyn Evans
    9th April 2018 / 8:27 am

I really want to go to Texas – I was so young the last time I went to the states that I barely remember it !

24th April 2018 / 7:17 pm

Oh me too! I’m sure it would be amazing! X

10. Giana Spiteri
    10th April 2018 / 9:45 pm

I lived in Orlando for 6 months, and surprisingly only went to Disney 3 times aha! New Orleans, Los Angeles and Nashville have to be at the top of my USA list! x

G

11th April 2018 / 8:23 am

Omg that would be the dream! 😍

11. 11th April 2018 / 4:21 pm

This is the ultimate American travel wish list! I’m absolutely dying to take a roadtrip around America for however many months – it’s the dream right?! I want to visit everywhere!! Also, Disneyworld Florida is on another scale compared to Paris – I’ve been to both and I can’t stop thinking about going back to Florida xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk