10   112
9   99
9   102
10   107
42   154

The Ultimate UK Travel Wishlist

Ultimate UK travel wishlist

Writing travel wishlists are some of my favourite posts to create as it allows me to undertake a lot of research in order to find the best places in the world that I’d recommend visiting.

Despite living in the UK for all my life (apart from a nine month stint in New Zealand) I’ve actually lived a very sheltered experience when it comes to discovering new and incredible places in the UK.

I’ve compiled a list of the places that I want to visit the most in the UK as well as some of the places I’ve been lucky enough to visit already.

Here’s the ultimate UK travel wishlist.

Ultimate UK travel wishlist

York

Obviously, I had to start with my beautiful hometown of York. I’m ever so fortunate to live in this gorgeous city and if you’ve never been to York then you absolutely must because it really is one of the UK’s treasures.

From plenty of delicious eateries, the stunning architecture of the Minster and an abundance of shops to visit, York is somewhere that should be on everyone’s travel wishlist.

Bath

Bath is somewhere that I’ve wanted to visit for a long time now and yet I still haven’t managed to get down to the beautiful historic city. Some of the things I’d love to see in Bath include the Abbey, the Roman Baths and Pulteney Bridge.

Edinburgh

I’ve been to Edinburgh a number of times before but I haven’t been for so long and I really want to go back and do all the touristy things. I’m actually heading back up to Edinburgh in a couple of months with my younger sister as part of her birthday celebrations and I can’t wait to go back and see everything again. I want to visit the castle, eat all the yummy food and wander around the picturesque city.

Oxford

After reading Abbey’s blog for a while now, I’ve added Oxford to my UK travel wishlist as it just looks so damn beautiful. The botanic gardens, the university and Bridge of Sighs are all high up on my to-do list.

London

I know London is the most popular city with tourists but that’s for a reason – London is pretty epic. From Buckingham Palace to the London Eye to Big Ben, there’s so many touristy things to see and do in the capital.

Brighton

Since the rise of the YouTubers, Brighton has become an increasingly popular destination to visit in the UK, and it’s not hard to see why; it’s cute af.

I really want to see the Pier, the Lanes and the Pavilion as they all look so beautiful, especially in the summer. I’d really like to make a trip down to Brighton towards the end of the summer.

Liverpool

Liverpool is also somewhere that’s been on my list of places to see in the UK for ages now and yet I still haven’t managed it. With Matt being a huge Liverpool football fan, I think we should try and tie our visit to the city with a football match – I get to see the pretty city and eat all the yummy food and Matt can watch 90 minutes of men kicking a ball around…

The Cotswolds

The Cotswolds remind me of something straight out of a Christmas movie which is why I’d love to book a gorgeous little cottage around Christmas time for Matt and I (and maybe my family) and we can enjoy a weekend exploring the cutesy little streets.

Lake District

The Lake District holds a very special place in my heart as it’s somewhere I’ve visited with my family ever since I was very little. It’s also my parents’ favourite place in the world which is also why I love it so much. Lake Windermere is one of the most stunning places and we always tied our visits in with our holidays to Center Parcs and I would 100% recommend making the journey to The Lakes.

Newcastle

Despite the terrible name that Geordie Shore has given Newcastle, it’s still one of the coolest cities in the UK. The incredible night life aside, the ‘Toon’ also has some fab sights and I’d really like to spend a weekend away there one day soon.

Ultimate UK Travel Wishlist

Where else would you add to the ultimate UK travel wishlist? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. 2nd May 2018 / 11:18 pm

I live in Oxford, and architecturally, it’s bloody incredible – I sometimes go for a little walk around the City and look at everything from the eyes of a tourist to remind myself how beautiful it really is here.. 😍 Bath is definitley on my Staycation list, as well as Liverpool and Cornwall again, because I haven’t been for years! 🙊

10th May 2018 / 7:27 am

Oh how lovely! I bet it’s just amazing to live there 😍 xx

2. 3rd May 2018 / 11:28 am

You will definitely love Newcastle, Chloe! I have visited the city many times and even completed an internship there in a museum and I thoroughly enjoyed every trip! The intu MetroCentre shopping centre is amazing and there are so many fantastic galleries as well, the Laing Art Gallery is one of my all-time favourites and it’s free to enter! I don’t think it’s possible to visit London too many times either, there’s always something new going on in the capital! I’m so glad that my blog has encouraged you to look into visiting Oxford as well, it really is a fantastic city! If you need any further recommendations of things to see and places to eat, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Abbey xx

10th May 2018 / 7:27 am

I’m really desperate to go as I always hear wonderful things about it! And your blog really has fuelled my longing to go to Oxford! Xx

3. Giana Spiteri
    4th May 2018 / 2:00 pm

When I lived in the UK I did go to quite a few places in the South but didn’t explore the North much! If I go back I’d love to visit Liverpool and Newcastle! xx

G

10th May 2018 / 7:26 am

You deffo need to come to the North – especially York 😉 xx

4. Fads
    4th May 2018 / 3:25 pm

So cities I want to visit in UK. My top list would be; London, Brighton, Bath, and York. I hope I can travel to UK someday though.

5. 7th May 2018 / 12:50 pm

Travelling the UK is definitely something I want to do a lot more of, and I even included it in my goals for the year. There’s so many places i would absolutely love to visit, and then there are others that I have loved visiting already xx

Kristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com/

10th May 2018 / 7:25 am

I’m exactly the same! There’s so many beautiful places in the UK! Xx

6. 7th May 2018 / 8:18 pm

I’ve actually been to all of these besides Newcastle and Edinburgh (which I keep meaning to get round to!) – out of those places, Liverpool has to be my favourite 🙂 it just has such a good vibe with great people, shopping, architecture etc.

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

10th May 2018 / 7:24 am

Oh wow! That’s so cool – I’d love to visit Liverpool so much! Xx

7. 8th May 2018 / 10:19 am

I would love to visit the Cotswolds too, it looks so beautiful there! London is always a fab place to visit, I’ll soon be working in London so I can’t wait to have more time to explore more of what the city has to offer! Brighton is also somewhere I’d love to visit, I think it’s definitely a trip to do in summer too!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

10th May 2018 / 7:24 am

Ooh how exciting! I can’t wait to hear about how you get on working there! And we should organise a bloggers trip to Brighton! 😉 xx

8. 21st May 2018 / 3:35 pm

I recently made a trip to the Lake District (post on my blog), and honestly fell in love with the lakes. I stayed in Windermere and cannot wait to go back. My boyfriend and I have promised ourselves to go back to this stunning part of the country.

4th June 2018 / 9:33 pm

Ahh the Lake District is just one of my faves! Windermere holds a very special place in my heart! Xx

9. 3rd June 2018 / 7:16 pm

I’m very disappointed that Hull isn’t on this list! Haha I’m only joking, it’s not that good! I adore Newcastle, I went during the summer for a couple of days! I want to go to more places down south but trains are so expensive!

Sian x

4th June 2018 / 9:30 pm

Haha, hey if I can hang out with you guys in Hull for the day then it’ll make it to the list! I really want to spend more time in Newcastle! Xx