10   112
9   99
9   102
10   107
42   154

5 Cities I’d Love To Revisit & Explore More

explore more

City breaks are definitely my favourite kind of holiday and I’ve been lucky enough to visit a number of incredible cities so far, and while there’s an abundance of cities that are still on my travel wishlist, there are in fact some places that I’d love to revisit and explore more one day!

While I do love hanging out in the countryside sometimes, or lounging around on a beach with a delicious fruity cocktail, my happy travel place always tends to be when I’m exploring a new city and absorbing every bit of culture that I possibly can.

Here’s 5 cities I’d love to revisit and explore!

24 Hours In Edinburgh

Rome

If you’ve been following my blog for quite a while now, you may remember that Matt and I paid a whirlwind visit to Rome last year during our trip to Venice. We were only in the ancient Roman city for six hours and while did manage to cram an awful lot in, I still feel that there was plenty of things that we missed out on. The Italian capital is a true testament to history and is home to some of the most visually stunning and history-rich landmarks in the world. I’d definitely like to actually go inside the Colosseum and I really want to eat way more food than we did while we were there. Italy as a whole is a place that I’m really keen to explore more of so maybe we can embark upon a huge Italian road trip, with Rome being the main point of attraction…

New York

Did you really expect anything less from me?

New York is without a doubt my favourite place in the entire world and even though I’ve been lucky enough to see the Big Apple three times now, I’ve still barely scratched the surface of this impressive metropolis. I actually wrote a whole post on the things I want to do next time I’m in New York but even that post barely covers everything that there is to do in NYC. I definitely want to explore each neighbourhood a lot more and I feel that I’ve lived a very sheltered foodie New York life whenever I’ve been there so I absolutely need to tick off some of my restaurant recommendations.

Edinburgh

I’ve actually only just recently got back from a trip to Edinburgh and it was amazing but I was only there for a short 24 hours so I really feel like I need to go back there and explore everything it has to offer. Edinburgh at Christmas time is truly magical and I really want to spend more time there both during winter and summer. Despite it being way more hilly than I originally thought, Edinburgh really blew me away with its stunning buildings, yummy food stalls and gorgeous scenery.

London

The fact that I want to spend more time exploring London may surprise a few of you; after all, I only live a two hour journey from London and I’ve been there countless times. However, whenever I’ve been, it’s usually been for work, a blogging event or just a short couple of days there. With it being the capital city of my home country, I feel it’s only right for me to get to know London a bit more and enjoy everything it has to offer. I haven’t even started to scratch the surface of its many Instagrammable cafes and I really want to do all the touristy things again.

There’s also an abundance of restaurants that I’m desperate to try in London. The capital city is renowned for being a hub of some of the most eclectic restaurants and bars in the country and I feel like I’m seriously missing out on some of the finest dishes in the city.

Just some of the places that I really want to visit include Bar 61 that offers the most wonderful selection of tapas dishes I’ve ever seen, Liman for a hearty offering of Mediterranean food and sketch for a taste of that beloved Instagrammer’s dream cuisines. Take a look at this website for inspiration when it comes to finding incredible London restaurants.

Auckland

When I lived in New Zealand, we visited Auckland a good few times but I was much younger then so I don’t feel that I appreciated the beautiful city enough. We did go up the Sky Tower however, and watched people abseil down the side of the tower while eating lunch, and that’s an experience I’d definitely love to do again! Waiheke Island is also just a short boat ride from the city of Auckland and my family and I watched the Rugby World Cup while we were there and the island is one of the most stunning places I’ve ever seen; definitely somewhere else I’d love to head back to. There’s also some amazing museums in Auckland, as well as incredible shopping outlets and delicious eateries!

Explore More

This was a collaborative post. Please see my disclaimer for more.

Which cities would you love to revisit and explore more? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. 15th July 2018 / 7:22 pm

I went to Rome last month and absolutely loved it – it’s such a beautiful city and the food was on another level. I’d love to go back at some point. I’m desperate to go to New York – so envious that you’ve been 3 times! I’ve read so many blog posts about the city and there are so many hidden gems and restaurants there that I’d love to visit. Loved this post!

Evie x | https://eviejayne.co.uk

16th July 2018 / 7:44 pm

Ah that’s awesome! I really want to try more food there! X

2. 16th July 2018 / 12:35 pm

I would love to go back and revisit Rome! We only stayed for a few days so would love to head back and see the things I may have missed! x

16th July 2018 / 7:43 pm

I definitely want to head back to Rome too! X

3. 16th July 2018 / 2:24 pm

I loved New York so much! The atmosphere there is incredible

16th July 2018 / 7:43 pm

It really is!

4. Lupe
    16th July 2018 / 5:13 pm

I’ve never been to any of those cities, but I have been to New Orleans. We were there for a week and it felt like we hadn’t even seen have of the city, we went to a lot of museums, but I wish I would of had a photo shoot day 😂 that would of made some amazing memories

5. 16th July 2018 / 5:14 pm

I have been to all 5 cities and they were all amazing! I live in London and lived in Edinburgh! I have visited NY and Auckland for a few days only but such a blast! I would love to explore those two more! Because i have not seen much of it in the end

16th July 2018 / 7:43 pm

That’s so amazing! X

6. Lupe
    16th July 2018 / 5:15 pm

I’ve never been to any of those cities but my sister is moving to New York so I’ll go soon. I went to New Orleans for my birthday last year and even though we were there for a week it felt like we’d seen a small part of it, I’d love to go back soon!

16th July 2018 / 7:42 pm

Ah that’ll be so amazing for your sister! X

7. 16th July 2018 / 5:15 pm

I love London A LOT and I’ve never been to NY but I can tell it’s going to be one of my favourite places too!
    Sophie | sophierayne.com

16th July 2018 / 7:42 pm

I’m sure you’d love New York, it’s amazing! X

8. 16th July 2018 / 5:25 pm

All great travel destinations, especially New York! I was born there and only lived there for four years before moving to FL, and I’m dying to go back there again! 😩😍

16th July 2018 / 7:42 pm

Ah, I bet it would be so cool to live in New York! X

9. 16th July 2018 / 5:44 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit Rome. I’ve been to Venice and loved it. I live in London, so I find it pretty boring, and I went to NYC about ten years ago and while I liked it, I don’t think I’ll bother going back. There are so many new places to explore!

Nicola

16th July 2018 / 7:42 pm

Rome is amazing! X

10. 16th July 2018 / 5:48 pm

This is such a fabulous list Chloe! I went to Sicily earlier this year and it’s made me want to explore more of Italy. Rome is definitely on my list too! I’d love to visit New York someday too, it looks like an awesome place. Thanks for sharing! 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

16th July 2018 / 7:41 pm

Thank you Bexa! Sicily looks so beautiful too! X

11. 16th July 2018 / 6:12 pm

New York is at the top of my list of places to visit – hopefully 2019 might finally be the year I get to see it for myself!! I visited Edinburgh in January and loved it, it’s such a pretty city!

Becca // http://becc4.co.uk

16th July 2018 / 7:41 pm

I hope you get there! X

12. 16th July 2018 / 6:17 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to Rome and New York but haven’t had the chance to go yet! I would be a real tourist in these places especially Times Square and the Statue of Liberty! Great post x

16th July 2018 / 7:41 pm

13. 16th July 2018 / 6:20 pm

The idea of a big Italian road trip sounds incredible! I’ve visited New York once and would love to go back as I didn’t even do half of what I wanted to do! There is so much of the world to see!

16th July 2018 / 7:40 pm

There really is so much to do in the world! X

14. 16th July 2018 / 6:27 pm

London is also a place that I want to revisit and explore more. I went for the first time in May of this year and was there for nearly two weeks and I absolutely fell in love with the city. In my head, I’ve planned to visit every summer since going there for the first time.

Great list of cities! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

16th July 2018 / 7:40 pm

That sounds like a great plan Michelle! Thank you for your lovely comment! X

15. 16th July 2018 / 10:07 pm

I’m with you on this. I’ve been to and love three of cities you’ve mentioned – Rome, NY and London x

16th July 2018 / 10:24 pm

They’re all great cities aren’t they? X

16. 17th July 2018 / 12:04 pm

I haven’t actually been to any of these cities apart from London, because I live so close. I don’t like London and I’m not a HUGE city person. Crowds and heat and everywhere being frantic isn’t really my jibe but there are some cities I’d like to explore which don’t seem as crowded like Copenhagen, Bergen and Helsinki!

17. 17th July 2018 / 7:34 pm

I love posts like this! They always make me want to hop on a plane. I’ve never been to Edinburgh or Auckland but I’d never say no to going back to the other three places you’ve mentioned. As much as I love New York, I’ve been 5 times now so I’m not sure if it would be the first place I’d rush back to if I could go anywhere. I think my top few would be Rome (in a heartbeat), Granada and Venice x

Sophie