Seven Of The Best TV Dramas I’ve Ever Watched

Best TV Dramas

I’ve spoken about my love for various TV shows on my blog before, whether it’s romantic comedies or Christmassy episodes, there’s always something awesome to watch.

Having a Netflix subscription can be both a blessing and a curse to someone like me as binge-watching my favourite TV shows is one of my absolute favourite things to do. I’ve rewatched so many shows so many times – hello Friends – and I never seem to get bored of the classics.

In recent months, I’ve found myself obsessed with a number of TV dramas so today’s post is all about the best TV dramas I’ve ever watched.

Best TV Dramas

Broadchurch

Broadchurch is definitely one of the best TV dramas I’ve ever watched and if you’ve never seen it then you absolutely must. The first season is just immense, the second season is good but a little ‘meh’ and the third season has some insane acting in.

The story follows the disappearance and consequential murder of a little boy in a small British village and you basically suspect everyone. There’s not a single person you think is innocent and I love how each and every character is related in some way. The incredible acting skills of Olivia Colman and David Tennant and the way they work together is what makes this show so good.

Doctor Foster

I didn’t actually watch this when it first came out but once the second season arrived and everyone was buzzing about it, I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. I think the first season was better than the second but both had incredible storylines and all the actors where phenomenal. Suranne Jones, who plays the leading lady is such an amazing actress and her portrayal of a woman scorned was so powerful.

Riverdale

Riverdale is definitely the most light hearted drama in this post but it’s still awesome nonetheless. I was introduced to it by my WhatsApp gals and I’m ever so glad I was because it’s awesome. It’s set in a typical American high school but there’s plenty of drama and dark twists and turns; some that you expect, and some that completely blow you away. If you love things along the lines of Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl then I’m sure you’ll love this.

Stranger Things

Oh.My.God.

If you haven’t watched this already then I seriously urge you to click off this post (once you’ve read it, of course) and head straight over to Netflix to binge watch both series. It was the best thing that I watched in 2017 and has definitely made its way into my favourite series of all time. The child actors are just unbelievable and the storyline is literally perfect. I’ve never watched something so enticing, entertaining and simply incredible all at the same time. It was phenomenal.

Game of Thrones

Again, I didn’t actually watch this when it first came out because I thought it would just be some Lord of the Rings type crap, but my god was I wrong. Matt and I watched every single season in a matter of weeks and it was one of the most intense things I’ve ever seen. Some scenes were a little too graphic for me; there’s a lot of blood, but it was amazing all the same. I have to admit, the storyline can be a little difficult to follow at first but once you’ve got your head around it, it’s hard to switch off. I’m just sat here desperately waiting for the release of season 8 now.

Breaking Bad

Admittedly, BB is actually my least favourite TV drama on this list but I still have to acknowledge it anyway. I found the first couple of seasons incredible and I was totally hooked but I did kind of get to a stage where I was a little bit bored. Some episodes literally had me on the edge of my seat; they were so gripping and exciting with so much drama and tension it was insane. Whereas some episodes just seemed completely useless and a tiny bit boring to me (the fly episode, anyone?).

Pretty Little Liars

Ok, so the atrocious season finale aside, PLL is definitely one of my favourite shows ever. It’s so easy to watch but you definitely need to pay attention as the plot can sometimes get a little skewed and I often found myself questioning what was going on. The constant suspicion of who ‘A’ was made for a very interesting watch; you were never quite sure who the bad guys were and the girls were such fab actresses (and bloody stunning as well).

Seven Of The Best TV Dramas I've Ever Watched

What are the best TV dramas you’ve ever seen? I’m always on the lookout for more! Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. 9th March 2018 / 6:34 pm

I only jumped on the Doctor Foster bandwagon a few months back and I’m so glad I did, it’s amazing!! x

13th March 2018 / 9:56 pm

It really is, isn’t it?! Xx

2. Amber Atlanta
    10th March 2018 / 1:27 pm

Every single series that you have mentioned, I have watched! I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing haha! I’ve enjoyed them as much as you have 🙂 x
    Amber | http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

13th March 2018 / 9:56 pm

Haha that’s definitely a good thing Amber! X

3. 10th March 2018 / 3:38 pm

I love Stranger Things and Breaking Bad! I’ve struggled so much with GoT – I really got into it for a while then didn’t watch it for ages and now it’s hard to get back into because there’s so much to take in. I’m not a huge fan of drama TV but I’d also recommend The Sinner – that was pretty gripping. I also started watching a show called Dark which is German and really fascinating. It’s a bit like Stranger Things but much darker x

13th March 2018 / 9:55 pm

Ooh I haven’t seen that! That sounds great! Xx

4. 10th March 2018 / 8:56 pm

Out of those I’ve only seen PPL and Friends haha. I don’t have Netflix since I’m more of a youtube girl x

Joyce Lau

13th March 2018 / 9:55 pm

YouTube has some fab content though! Xx

5. 10th March 2018 / 11:37 pm

I’ve watched 4/7 out of these woo!! My step dad has been hogging the living room TV the past two weeks binge watching BB and won’t stop raving about it! I kind of miss watching PLL even though it was super frustrating at times! x

G

13th March 2018 / 9:54 pm

I miss it too sometimes haha! I may have to rewatch it at some point again! X

6. 11th March 2018 / 2:03 pm

Does Black Mirror count as a TV drama?! If so, that is definitely my all time fave! I suck so much at sticking to a series, I watch one episode and then forget to put it on again so the standalone nature of Black Mirror is ideal for me! Saying that, I did really enjoy watching The Good Place lately on Netflix (I do recommend it if you haven’t seen it) – I have been meaning to start a Stranger Things and Dr Foster for ages so this post might just give me the push I need!

Abbey 😘

7. 11th March 2018 / 10:49 pm

PLL was such a good show! It’s a shame it went downhill in the last seasons. I’ll still watch it again and again though haha! I don’t watch that much TV, but I’ll be sure to check these out xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

13th March 2018 / 9:54 pm

It really is a shame cos it was fab! Xx

8. 12th March 2018 / 1:18 pm

Broadchurch, Stranger Things and Pretty Little Liars are all my faves! I really need to jump on the Doctor Foster and Riverdale bandwagon’s because I’ve only heard great things about those shows xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

13th March 2018 / 9:52 pm

You definitely should Char, I’m sure you’d love them! X

9. 12th March 2018 / 1:42 pm

Pretty Little Liars and Doctor Foster are two of my absolute favourites. I love Riverdale too but I’m about half a season behind at the moment and only very slowly catching up lol xx

13th March 2018 / 9:52 pm

Ooh you’ll have to get catching up! X

10. Debra-Bow
    12th March 2018 / 3:05 pm

There are SO MANY amazing shows here! I knew instantly Doctor Foster would be here after our recent conversation, as you know I only started it and finished both seasons last weekend but it was AMAZING. You’ve also included many shows I’ve absolutely loved watching over the last few years and some I’m yet to see!

13th March 2018 / 9:52 pm

Thank you babe! Doctor Foster was fab and I’m so glad you loved it too! X

11. 12th March 2018 / 4:44 pm

Oh my god girl yeeeees. Doctor Foster has got to be one of the best programmes I’ve ever watched. Best believe it had me sat waiting for it to start and shouting at the telly all the way through! I absolutely loved Stranger Things and Riverdale although Riverdale is slightly annoying me with how long they are leaving us to wait for the next episode! I started watching GoT just before christmas and got half way through season 2 but I find it SO confusing, maybe I need to give it another try! Pretty Little Liars had me hooked for bloody ages, I even managed to get my boyfriend at the time hooked too! I haven’t seen Broadchurch or Breaking Bad but I love the rest so I will give them a try!

Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

13th March 2018 / 9:51 pm

It’s insane isn’t it?! And Riverdale can get a little annoying waiting for the next episode! I deffo think you should try and give GoT another go if you can! X

12. Robyn Evans
    12th March 2018 / 6:46 pm

I need to watch Riverdale – I keep meaning to but life gets in the way x

13th March 2018 / 9:50 pm

You definitely should Robyn! It’s so good!

13th March 2018 / 9:50 pm

Ooh I haven’t actually seen that! X

13. 14th March 2018 / 1:45 pm

I can’t even talk about PLL without getting annoyed haha. I really enjoyed the earlier seasons! xx

14. 14th March 2018 / 5:19 pm

Debra-Bow introduced me to Riverdale last year when we were in Portugal and I’ve been totally addicted ever since! I do love PLL (and always will) however I feel like they’d always wimp out of actually killing off characters until so many seasons in, whereas Riverdale is way darker than the teen drama everyone takes it for! Love love love

Izzy / http://www.adoseofchatter.com

14th March 2018 / 9:13 pm

Ah yeah, I totally agree! Xx

15. 14th March 2018 / 10:25 pm

Ah I loved stranger things and doctor foster! I’m watching Orange is the New Black now and I’m obsessed! I love Netflix but it does mean bingeing on shows is easier! x