My mum always says “only boring people get bored” and while I do think that’s true, I also think that there’s the odd occasion where you may feel like there’s not a lot to do and you’re basically left twiddling your thumbs.
Even though everyone has a hell of a lot of ‘adult’ responsibilities to do on a daily basis, there’s still times where we all get a little bored, especially during the winter months when there’s not an awful lot to do.
I’ve compiled a list of things to do when you’re bored.
- Read a book – make a start on your ‘to be read’ pile.
- Go for a long walk and take your camera with you to capture some gorgeous nature shots.
- Bake something yummy – cookies or brownies are always a fab idea.
- Binge watch something awesome on Netflix – you know that I’ll always recommend Friends ;).
- Take a nap.
- Go out for food with your friends.
- Take blog pictures for the week ahead.
- Meet your parents for a delicious pub lunch.
- Take a long, hot bath and have a pamper.
- Play some old school games such as Monopoly (I’ve also been playing Mario Kart on the Wii at my family’s recently).
- Spend the afternoon colouring in.
- Paint your nails.
- Get creative and make a scrapbook.
- Re-watch the Harry Potter movies.
- Complete a jigsaw.
- Finally get around to doing a Pinterest DIY.
- Take part in a Twitter chat.
- Meet one of your oldest friends for coffee.
- Spend some quality time working on your blog.
- Start that book you’ve always been meaning to write.
- Do some online shopping.
- Make a den and have an indoor picnic.
What things do you do when you’re bored? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.