Autumn is by far my favourite season, I love almost everything about it! From the beautiful colours, to the cosy knitwear to the lovely nights at home in front of the TV.
I’m currently writing this post snuggled up on the sofa watching the semi final of the GBBO and forever wishing I could bake. GBBO is one of the ultimate defining moments in British TV when you know autumn is well on its way.
Anyway here’s just some of the reasons why Autumn is my favourite…
- The colours – I love all the lovely oranges and browns, and how everything just appears more cosy.
- Speaking of cosy, fairy lights definitely make more of an appearance when autumn comes around (although I’m still trying to convince my boyfriend to let us have them on more!).
- Wearing jumpers, hoodies and coats and layering everything until you basically become a giant snuggly walking blanket.
- On the same note – getting home and immediately putting your onesie on – literal heaven.
- All the delicious smelling candles, anything cranberry, ginger or cinnamon scented is perfect for this time of year.
- Making hot chocolates and snuggling under a blanket (or duvet) and feeling like the snuggest burrito around.
- Wearing red lipstick and gold eyeshadow nearly every single day just because it’s *almost* the festive season.
- Bonfire night. Toffee apples, sparklers and fireworks.
- The long anticipated wait of advent calendars and wondering whether it’s socially acceptable to just buy one now, eat all the chocolate and pretend like it never happened…
- I love that the nights get darker earlier and that it’s basically just an excuse to stay at home and binge watch Netflix.
- The anticipation of the beauty advent calendars that start making an appearance this time of year.
- Starbucks red cups – although since working at Starbucks I can say that this novelty has quickly worn off.
- I love going on walks when it’s pretty chilly outside and I’m all wrapped up warm.
- The lushness that is fluffy pyjamas, socks and onesies.
- Wearing almost every shade of red nail polish until the new year.
- All the different seasonal parties to look forward to; Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year’s Eve, basically any excuse to wear a sparkly dress.
- The amount of delicious food that starts making it’s way into your life (and ever expanding stomach) from around the 1st of November.
- The Christmas films that start making their way onto your TV screens – I can’t wait to watch ELF for the 100th time.
So there’s just some of the reasons why Autumn is my favourite time of the year, do you love Autumn too or do you suffer from SAD and basically count down the days until spring arrives? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.