Christmas Gift Guide For Him
On Thursday I posted my Christmas gift guide for her which I hope you all found useful, so as promised, here’s my gift guide for the boys!
It includes a mixtue of fun games, practical technology and super nice smellies! It can be incredibly hard to find things to buy for the men in your life so I’m hoping to make it easier for you in today’s post.
Whether your man is after a new aftershave, or your dad is interested in the newest technology, I’ve tried to find gifts that can suit all the men in your life!
- Little Book of Drinking Games £5.99
- Calvin Klein 3 Pack Trunks £36
- Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme £33
- Babyliss For Men Super Beard £60
- Hugo by Hugo Boss Connio Leather Belt £55
- Polo Ralph Lauren Slim Fit Shirt £95
- Apple Watch Space Gray Case & Black Woven Strap £249
- Mont Blanc Iconic Square Stainless Steel Onyx Cufflinks £250
- Beats Pill & Portable Stereo Speaker £159.99
What do you normally buy for the men in your ife at Christmas time? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
*This is not a sponsored post.
Every year I always find it useful to look through various gift guides in order to get inspiration for gifts, so this year I thought I’d put together my own gift guide in order to help you guys. I’ve made one for both girls and boys (the male one will be posted on Saturday).
I’ve tried to include gifts for everyone, ranging from presents for mothers, sisters, friends and girlfriends, as well as gifts at all prices so there really should be something for everyone.
I hope you find it useful!
- Soap and Glory 12 Christmas Washes £30
- Mini Lipstick Charms Matte Revolution, Charlotte Tilbury £29
- Holiday Party 10 Tealights + 1 Tealight Holder, Yankee Candle £11.99
- Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming Eau de Parfum 50ml £70
- Joules Idlewhite Fleece Lined Dressing Gown £50
- The Happiness Planner & Pen Set £60
- Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Set Volume 1 £110
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Lane Rooster Red Bag £205
- Dyson Fuchsia Iron Supersonic Hairdryer £299.99
*This is not a sponsored post.
Throughout the year, my makeup tends to stay pretty much the same, with just the occasional change in lipstick colour/eye shadow palette- I’m not one of those girls who needs a different colour foundation in the summer as I never tan!
Generally, in the winter my lipsticks tend to change from girly pinks and nudes to darker pinks and reds (mostly reds actually). And I usually swap brighter eye shadows for anything shimmery and/or smoky!
My go-to palette in the colder months is my Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette which includes a range of shimmers and mattes. My favourite shades in this palette are high, dirty sweet and smolder. I often blend these 3 shades together to make the perfect sparkly, smoky eyes look.
Another palette featured in my makeup bag is the Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette which is unfortunately currently available online, but you can still buy the individual blushers and highlighters. This palette contains 3 pink toned blushes in the shades deep throat, sex fantasy and final cut, as well as the laguna bronzing powder and miss liberty highlight.
The lipstick that I’m currently wearing most days is Lost Cherry by Charlotte Tilbury which is a gorgeous bright fuchsia shade.
As you can see I’m a big fan of Benefit products- about a 1/3 of my makeup bag is probably made up by their products! Some of the products that I use on a daily basis include the Gimme Brow Volumising eyebrow gel, the POREfessional matte rescue gel, Erase Paste, High Beam and the Bad Gal Lash mini mascara. I absolutely love Benefit makeup (and would probably say it’s one of my favourite brands ever!)
Some of the other products that I use on my face are the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner and Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer Shadow (which is a sample I think).
So these are all the products that I’m currently using as the months get colder, as we get closer to Christmas I’ll probably be using gold and silver shimmer eyeshadows a lot more as well as red lipsticks all day everyday!
What are some of your favourite beauty products? Do you love Benefit as much as me? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
*This is not a sponsored post and all opinions are entirely my own and 100% genuine.
I wouldn’t say that I’m a particularly materialistic person, but I do have a *slight* obsession with handbags. The newest addition to my handbag collection is this beautiful, (cue the longest name in the world!) Kate Spade New York Perri Lane Bubbles Delaney 2 way bag. It’s a gorgeous cream colour which can be used as a shoulder bag or as a handheld bag.
Although it doesn’t look particularly big, it’s actually very spacious inside and can fit everything in that I need, including things like my phone, keys, purse, umbrella and even a book!
The book that I’m currently reading at the moment is ‘We were on a break’ by Lindsey Kelk and as she’s my favourite author I’m keen to read it as much as I can.
In my bag I also carry my new iPhone 7 in rose gold which I am in love with, it’s so pretty!
My Kate Spade bag is also perfect for carrying around my Michael Kors purse which is a lovely light blue colour. A few other items that are essential in my handbag are my Vaseline lip balm, car keys, portable phone charger and some makeup items including my Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Lost Cherry.
I know that I’ll get a lot of use out of this beautiful bag, even though it’s cream I’ve been using it most days for a couple of months now and it doesn’t have any marks or scratches.
If you’re looking for something to add to your Christmas list I would definitely recommend this bag!
There are a number of things that you’ll know if your boyfriend is obsessed with FIFA; I’ve put together a list that I’m sure a lot of you girls will relate to!
- You’ll spend a lot of time looking at the back of his head.
- You’ll get bored of just watching him play all the time, so you decide to join in, only to find that you’re terrible at it.
- You’ll inevitably get sick of the cheering from the virtual crowds in the game.
- But you will be sort of impressed when the players do a celebratory dab.
- You’ll quite often think he’s talking to you, only to find that he’s talking into his headset and hasn’t even realised that you’re in the room.
- You’ll inevitably come home most nights to him playing FIFA and you will literally have to drag him off it.
- He’ll try and involve you by telling you about the players but you just don’t have any interest in the names of things unless it’s MAC lipsticks (sorry bae).
- He’ll be really happy if he wins but if he loses he’ll probably sulk almost as much as if his real team lost.
Despite the fact that he maybe loves FIFA a *tiny* bit too much, you don’t mind too much as he’s so good to you when he’s not playing.
Autumn is by far my favourite season, I love almost everything about it! I’m currently writing this post snuggled up on the sofa watching the semi final of the GBBO and forever wishing I could bake.
Anyway here’s just some of the reasons why Autumn is my favourite…
- The colours – I love all the lovely oranges and browns, and how everything just appears more cosy.
- Speaking of cosy, fairy lights definitely make more of an appearance when autumn comes around (although I’m still trying to convince my boyfriend to let us have them on more!).
- Wearing jumpers, hoodies and coats and layering everything until you basically become a giant snuggly walking blanket.
- On the same note – getting home and immediately putting your onesie on – literal heaven.
- All the delicious smelling candles, anything cranberry, ginger or cinnamon scented is perfect for this time of year.
- Making hot chocolates and snuggling under a blanket (or duvet) and feeling like the snuggest burrito around.
- Wearing red lipstick and gold eyeshadow nearly every single day just because it’s *almost* the festive season.
- Bonfire night. Toffee apples, sparklers and fireworks.
- The long anticipated wait of advent calendars and wondering whether it’s socially acceptable to just buy one now, eat all the chocolate and pretend like it never happened…
- I love that the nights get darker earlier and that it’s basically just an excuse to stay at home and binge watch Netflix.
- The anticipation of the beauty advent calendars that start making an appearance this time of year.
- Starbucks red cups-although since working at Starbucks I can say that this novelty has quickly worn off.
- I love going on walks when it’s pretty chilly outside and I’m all wrapped up warm.
- The lushness that is fluffy pyjamas, socks and onesies.
- Wearing almost every shade of red nail polish until the new year.
- All the different seasonal parties to look forward to; Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year’s Eve, basically any excuse to wear a sparkly dress.
- The amount of delicious food that starts making it’s way into your life (and ever expanding stomach) from around the 1st of November.
- The Christmas films that start making their way onto your TV screens – I can’t wait to watch ELF for the 100th time.
So there’s just some of the reasons why Autumn is my favourite time of the year, do you love Autumn too or do you suffer from SAD and basically count down the days until spring arrives? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
For my first ever blog post on this site, I thought I’d tell you all a bit about myself.
- New York is my favourite place in the world- I’ve been there 3 times and I will never get tired of it.
- When I was 12 I lived in New Zealand for 9 months.
- Whilst living in New Zealand I got stung by a stingray!
- My favourite food in the world is garlic bread- I would always choose bread over chocolate!
- My obsession with F.R.I.E.N.D.S is so ridiculous that I could recite the show word for word.
- My biggest career goal would be to write my own book one day.
- My boyfriend is my favourite person in the world.
- I passed my driving test when I was 17 and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done.
- I’ve lived in 11 houses in my life- and I’m only 18!
- My favourite colour is Tiffany blue.
- Despite owning dogs all my life, I’m not actually that big of an animal fan :/
- My favourite kind of music is tropical house and 80’s music!
- I’m the eldest out of all of my siblings (there’s 6 of us!)
- I have been to 8 different countries but I would love to travel all around the world.
- Despite getting a B at GCSE I can’t remember a word of German!
- My favourite number is 16.
- One of my favourite things to do is to go to the cinema.
- I absolutely love staying in hotels.
- My favourite film is Forrest Gump.
- I am absolutely terrified of spiders.
- My favourite season is Autumn- I love the coldness and colours!
- I have really vivid dreams almost every night and can nearly always remember them clearly.
- One of my favourite book characters of all time is Becky Bloomwood from the Confessions of a Shopaholic series.
- I really want to get a tattoo I’m just not sure exactly what I want!
- I absolutely love heights and rollercoasters.
- I really hate horror movies.
- I cry at absolutely anything… Even when I’m happy!
- I love writing lists, expect to see a lot around here!
- I don’t have a middle name, even though I’ve always wanted one.
- When I was in school I couldn’t revise without listening to music.
- My biggest celebrity crush would have to be Bradley Cooper.
- Jennifer Aniston is my favourite actress.
- I love Chinese and Italian food.
- My favourite authors are John Green, Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk.
- I love watching the sunset.
- I use to work at Starbucks as my part time job.
- I love watching the GBBO even though I’m not a very good baker or cook- I really want to learn though!
- I have been a bridesmaid 6 times.
- When I was younger I was obsessed with Bratz dolls, I had over 50!
- Christmas is my favourite holiday.
- I’m not massively into fashion but I have a slight obsession with handbags.
- I feel the most creative and motivated at night time.
- I like to take pictures of things.
- I have 4 memory boxes- I’m a bit of a hoarder of memories!
- I’ve never played a musical instrument, but I would have liked to have played the piano.
- I’m not the biggest fan of spicy foods but since being with my boyfriend I’ve had to learn to like it, he eats it so often!
- Even when I went to Dubai for a week I still didn’t tan, my skin is so pale!
- My favourite colour clothing to wear is red, despite blue being my favourite colour.
- I have an obsession with candles and fairy lights, they make me feel so cosy and warm, I can’t wait for the dark nights of winter!
- Orange chocolate is my favourite type of chocolate.
So there’s 50 facts about me, I hope you enjoyed finding out about the things that I like/dislike.
Let me know something about yourself in the comments, or let me know on Twitter @imjustagirl_16