Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

I’m sure you’re all aware of my intense love and obsession for New York by now but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop banging on about my favourite place in the world anytime soon.

I’ve been lucky enough to visit New York in almost every season and NYC during the spring was truly beautiful. There’s so much life and vibrancy throughout the city and it’s just the most amazing place when the sun is shining.

Today’s post is all about the things to do in New York in the spring, and if you’re booking a ticket there anytime soon, I totally wouldn’t mind if you booked an extra one for me…

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Spend an afternoon in Central Park

Central Park is absolutely stunning regardless of the time of year but there’s something really beautiful about spending time in the park during spring. The flowers are just beginning to blossom and the air is getting warmer; people are starting to come out of hibernation and there’s so much to see and do around the park.

Whether you choose to enjoy a picnic there, watch one of the many performers or simply just enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lakes, you absolutely must spend a few hours in Central Park in the spring.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Walk along the Highline

The Highline spans almost 2 miles along the west side of Manhattan, starting (or ending, depending where you choose to begin) in the Meatpacking District and ending at West 34th Street.

It’s an old, abandoned trainline that has been transformed into an elevated trail and park and is one of the best places in New York to get unparalled views of the city. There’s plenty of benches situated along the trail where you can grab a seat and admire the views, and there’s also a plethora of people selling various items and performers who’ll entertain you while you walk. While the Highline can certainly get busy with tourists, it’s actually like a small haven away from the city noise, but you also have the pleasure of enjoying the immense views of the Hudson River and towering buildings.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Take a stroll downtown

The likes of the East Village, Greenwich Village and SoHo are popular locations to visit in Downtown Manhattan. There’s so many picturesque buildings to see, (including Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment) plenty of delicious eateries and some fabulous shops to enjoy.

Downtown Manhattan is my absolute favourite in the springtime as everything just looks so pretty and bright. I’d definitely recommend spending a few hours just wandering around getting to know the area.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Take a ride on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty

In all the times I’ve been to New York, I’ve never actually been to Liberty Island but I’ve been on the many different river cruises that circle around the island that’s home to the Statue of Liberty. It looks so beautiful during the spring as the sun casts gorgeous light over the river and the statue.

Lady Liberty also looks breathtaking against the blue sky backdrop and as it’s such an iconic part of New York, it’s something that you absolutely have to see.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Walk along the Brooklyn Bridge

Yet another notable tourist attraction of New York, the Brooklyn Bridge is home to some of the best views of both Manhattan and Brooklyn. The bridge can get absolutely heaving with tourists, cyclists and runners but it’s something you definitely have to see.

The walk along the bridge to Brooklyn will have you staring up at the skyline in amazement; you can also see the Statue of Liberty across the water on a clear day.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Enjoy the atmosphere in Washington Square Park

Washington Square Park is just one of my very many favourite places in the city because it’s always full of weird and wonderful things.

The park itself is beautiful during the spring but I think it’s the actual people that make the park so appealing to me. Everywhere you look, there’s someone doing something totally incredible; whether it’s street dancing, juggling or a jazz band playing to the whole park, you’re sure to love the delightful atmosphere.

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Take in the view from the top of One World Trade

Naturally, the views from the top of the tallest building in New York are always going to be stunning no matter what time of year it is, but I particularly love going up during the spring.

On a clear, spring day the views are unlike anything else you’ll ever see and you’ll be able to see for miles across New York City. It’s an amazing experience and it’s absolutely worth the money; damn, I wish I could go back there right now!

Things To Do In New York In The Spring

Have you ever been to New York? What would be at the top of your list of things to do? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.

1. Robyn Evans
    13th March 2018 / 6:05 pm

This makes me want to go so much !

13th March 2018 / 9:49 pm

It’s so beautiful isn’t it?!

2. 13th March 2018 / 7:35 pm

I’m dying to visit New York – the dream! x

13th March 2018 / 9:49 pm

It really is!

3. 13th March 2018 / 10:04 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit New York and some of the things you suggest are on my list. I love the ideas that I hadn’t thought of too. I guess I just would desperately just like to go to New York at anytime of the year!!

4. 13th March 2018 / 11:10 pm

I absolutely love your New York posts! It’s been on my travel bucketlist for ages so hopefully it won’t be too long before George and I get to go. I’ve always pictured going for Christmas or some time in the winter but I imagine it’s beautiful in the spring and summer! There are so many things to see and places to just walk and sit taking in the views! x

Tiffany x

5. 14th March 2018 / 2:03 am

I just wrote my very first post on NYC yesterday so reading yours was awesome as we mostly mentioned the same things! I visited NYC at the start of winter so I’ll have to go back in the Spring 🙂

6. 14th March 2018 / 8:35 am

Absolutely loved this!!! The Chelsea Highljnd is a must do, totally agree, and I loved going into the Meat Packing district after!! Had a really yummy Mexican breakfast there 😍 I don’t think New York is somewhere I’ll ever tire of to be honest, so I’m glad you feel the same way about it!

Lots of love Izzy |

14th March 2018 / 9:06 am

It’s so amazing isn’t it?! We should arrange a girly holiday there 😉 xx

7. 14th March 2018 / 8:52 am

New York sounds like an amazing destination any time of the year but springtime sounds especially magical! The city seems to have an endless number of gorgeous places to explore, I would certainly love to visit Carrie Bradshaw’s stoop and walk along the highline! The entertainment on offer at Washington Square Park sounds fantastic too, it seems like you never know what to expect there and I love things like that! Thank you for sharing your recommendations with us, I want to book a trip more than ever now!

Abbey x

8. 14th March 2018 / 10:50 am

Ah your post is making me miss New York so much! I’d love to re-visit. I never got to stroll on the Brooklyn Bridge last time as I had a very limited time in the city but I’m for sure going next time xx

14th March 2018 / 11:06 am

You definitely should Amita! C

9. 14th March 2018 / 11:13 am

Good one, Keep it up!! 🙂
    Looking forward to check out more.

10. Terri Heckley
    14th March 2018 / 1:38 pm

Ah you’ve totally convinced me that I need to book a trip to New York asap! It looks soooo amazing x

11. 14th March 2018 / 2:42 pm

Oh my god Chloe I’m sure you’re fuelling me obsession with visiting NY more and more! Just how great does this all look, I’m beyond looking forward to finally going one day!

Sarah | xx

12. 14th March 2018 / 5:47 pm

Every time you write a post or mention New York you make me want to go back so much, I’ve only been once so far and fell completely in love with the city. These all sound like great ideas to do in the Spring. xx

Kristy |

14th March 2018 / 9:13 pm

Haha I know! It’s such an addictive city!! Xx

13. 14th March 2018 / 10:40 pm

I soooo want to go to New York! I was planning to go at Christmas, but it looks lovely in the Spring too x

14. 14th March 2018 / 10:42 pm

ah I just wrote a bit about New York when talking about my most memorable holidays! I loved the high line, thought it was so unique! xx

15. 16th March 2018 / 11:01 am

I am honestly aching to visit New York and posts like these make me want to go even more!! It looks absolutely beautiful and I’m already in love with the city, even though I’ve never actually been haha xo

Char |

16. 19th March 2018 / 12:57 pm

I need to go to New York!!