Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and there’s always plenty of magical moments that happen over the festive period.
From spending time with family, to eating chocolates to opening presents on the big day, there’s so many magical things to enjoy at Christmas and today’s post is all about my favourite magical moments that happen during the holidays.
- When the Christmas songs come on the radio and you blast out ‘All I Want For Christmas’ while you’re driving home from work.
- Tucking into the boxes of chocolates that have been hidden in the wardrobe since November but it’s now so close to Christmas that you’re finally allowed to tuck into them.
- Seeing Michael Bublé coming out of hiding for the festive period.
- Seeing people walking around wearing ridiculous Christmas jumpers and trying to find the most outrageous one.
- Walking into a shop to see all the beautiful festive displays and hearing Christmas songs blaring out throught the speakers.
- Enjoying a delicious festive drink from Starbucks or Costa.
- Decorating the Christmas tree with all the trimmings and seeing your house transform into a winter wonderland.
- Being able to wear all your favourite festive makeup.
- Having an absolute blast dancing, drinking and chatting at all the different Christmas parties.
- The fact that it’s socially acceptable to drink wine at 5pm on a Wednesday just because it’s Christmas!
- Planning, buying and wrapping all of your Christmas presents and being so excited to see everyone’s delighted face on Christmas Day.
- Watching all of the festive episodes of your favourite TV shows and Christmas movies.
- Spending an entire day stuffing your face full of chocolate and not moving from the sofa.
- Eating ALL the food possible.
- Seeing the mass of presents begin to gather around the tree.
- Going out for a winter walk and seeing all the beautiful frost on the grass and trees.
- Spending cosy days inside, drinking mulled wine and enjoying crap Christmas TV.
- Leaving work/school on the last day before Christmas and seeing everyone’s happy faces at the fact they have a few days off work.
- Going ice skating with friends or family and skating around the rink to all the best Christmas songs.
- When (if) it eventually snows and everything looks so incredibly magical.
- Coming home to the smell of yummy food cooking in the kitchen.
- Drinking so much hot chocolate it’s basically replaced your blood.
- Buying ALL the festive candles and burning them all every single day in every single room.
- Hanging your stocking and being SO excited for it to be filled up on Christmas Day.
- Spending lots of time with family (even if you do end up arguing over Monopoly).
What are your favourite magical moments of Christmas? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.