While I wouldn’t necessarily brand myself as a ‘beauty blogger’, I was thrilled when Kimmiee tagged me in this! All things beauty, makeup and skincare related are a definite passion of mine so I’m excited to be taking part in this tag!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who tagged you
- Answer the questions they asked
- Tag five bloggers
- Ask them 15 questions
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
So here are my answers!
What do you love most about blogging?
I absolutely adore the community; I love feeling like I’m a part of something. I’ve never really belonged to any clubs or anything but with blogging, I feel like I’ve found my true passion and I’ve also made some incredible friends along the way.
What do you hate about blogging?
I have to admit – I honestly don’t think there’s anything that I hate about it. I’m never involved in any of the ‘Twitter drama’ and I’ve never received any negativity (so far, at least!).
What is your number one beauty product?
What is a cult favourite that you don’t really like?
Ok, so even though I did a post about this a few months ago, after using it for a while I’ve decided that the Pixi and Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse really isn’t worth the hype. I enjoyed using it at first but after a while, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s really not the best and I definitely won’t be picking it up again.
How important is skincare to you?
I never used to be overly bothered about skincare but in the last year or so I’ve become obsessed with everything skincare related. I used to just slap some No7 moisturiser on and go but now I have a whole skincare regime and I love trying out new products and seeing which work the best for my skin.
Did you go through that awkward blue eyeshadow phase?
I’m sure I probably did at some point but I honestly can’t quite remember. I remember using the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in about five shades darker than my skin tone though…
Do you like MAC lipsticks?
I know there’s quite a bit of stigma regarding MAC cosmetics as they’re not a cruelty free brand, but aside from that I have to say that I do actually love their lipsticks. I own quite a few different shades but my favourites are definitely Russian Red and Craving.
Do you prefer lipsticks or liquid lipsticks?
I definitely prefer just regular lipsticks, although I do wear the occasional liquid lipstick too.
Matte or glossy lip?
This definitely depends what mood I’m in and what look I’m going for but I’d say overall I generally prefer a matte lip.
Lipgloss or lipstick?
Definitely lipstick; I’m not the biggest fan of lipgloss at all.
What was your favourite makeup item in high school?
Ooh, this is quite a tricky question as I didn’t tend to wear an awful lot of makeup in high school! I’d say my absolute staples were probably mascara and concealer.
What’s your favourite makeup look?
Basically anything I can create with my vast collection of Naked palettes. I really love a gold shimmery eye but I’ve also been loving creating a berry-toned smoky eye with my UD Naked Heat palette recently.
Is there a beauty blogger you really want to meet?
What do you think of KKW’s beauty range?
I’m honestly not bothered about it at all – I really don’t have any particular interest in purchasing any products from the range but kudos to Kim for releasing her own line of makeup.
What’s a makeup tip/trick you’ve learned that you now can’t live without?
I’m not sure if it necessarily counts as a makeup tip but I’ve always used Vaseline for practically everything; from dry lips to making my eyelashes longer (I’m still adamant that this works after years of trying it…!).
My questions for you:
- What’s the one beauty product you can’t live without?
- What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever heard?
- Would you rather wear no lipstick or no mascara for a year?
- What’s your favourite makeup brand ever?
- How often do you clean your makeup brushes? (Be honest!).
- What’s your favourite skincare product… moisturiser, cleanser, toner?
- Do you prefer a matte eyeshadow or a shimmer?
- Have you ever purchased any of the beauty advent calendars? If so, which ones?
- Which beauty blogger do you think offers the best advice and tips?
- Name one beauty trend from your high school years – did you like it?
- How long does it take you to do your makeup in the morning?
- Do you do your foundation first and then your eye makeup or your eye makeup first?
- Have you mastered the art of contouring?
- What’s your absolute favourite foundation?
- Do you prefer a more natural brow or do you go all-out Cara Delevingne?
Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16 if you take part in the Beauty Blogger Tag as I’d love to read your answers!