As some of you may know, up until very recently I worked at Starbucks as a barista. My 2017 goals post explains more in detail but basically I worked there from September 2016 to February 2017 as my full-time job whilst I figured out what exactly I wanted to do with my life. When I started my new job in February, I went down to an eight hour contract where I just worked at Starbucks at the weekend, but after only two months I decided that it was a bit too much to have two jobs, working 48 hours, six days a week.
Anyway, at my time at Starbucks, I learned a few things and I wanted to share a few of them to help you help your local barista out. You know, because it can actually be a stressful job sometimes and some customers are just absolutely not the one…
- We don’t think you’re cool when you order a Venti Caramel Cream with extra whip and caramel drizzle. Frappuccinos are incredibly annoying to make, so just be a babe and order a latte or a filter coffee.
- Similarly, a six shot black americano is not good for you. Just get the normal amount of coffee.
- Please don’t bring your own food and drinks in and then just leave the mess all over the tables, that’s absolutely not cool.
- Also, please leave the toilets in an acceptable condition, it’s really not fun when we have to unblock them on a busy Saturday afternoon.
- If you ask for a Pumpkin Spiced Latte in March, just know that you’re going to be very disappointed, they’re an Autumn thing and you should really know that if you’re a dedicated Starbucks drinker…
- When we’re on shift, we always have targets to meet, such as a certain number of activations of Starbucks rewards cards. Please help a girl out and just activate one, even if you never use it again (but please do use it again…)
- Please don’t be rude when you can clearly see how busy we are. Especially to the people on bar, we’re making 100s of drinks a day so sometimes we do make mistakes, if you’re nice about it though, we’ll happily remake your drink.
- We know you’re reluctant to give us your name but it’s one of our policies so please just make one up if you really don’t want to give your actual name.
- Also, please don’t get too offended when we spell your name wrong, we promise it’s not on purpose, it’s just sometimes after asking you to repeat yourself three times we just give up and write what we think we heard.
- If you order a ‘small’ and we give you a ‘tall’ (which is actually our small size), please don’t be mad and say that you ordered a small. To save everyone the hassle, just order the right size: short, tall, grande, venti.
- I’m pretty sure that there’s nothing more annoying than making a wet cappuccino, you basically just want a latte okay?
- If you order a venti, skinny hot chocolate with whipped cream then what are you even doing? There’s absolutely no point in ordering a skinny…
- However, we absolutely love our regular customers and yes, we are incredibly good at remembering people’s names; it makes the whole experience much better for you.
Would you add anything to this list? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.